March 1 Parent Band Meeting Recap
At the March 1 parent band meeting Band Form packets were distributed to the parents and students who attended the meeting. More information about the forms can be found below.
- Current students: Mr. Thorpe and Mr. Kenney have the packets for those who did not attend. If you do not receive yours this week, please contact them.
- Incoming 9th graders: If you did not attend the meeting, the forms we need you to complete and return to us can be found on the Lincoln East Band website or you may request the forms by emailing the Band Booster Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is anticipated that 269 students will be in band next year!!!!
Band Policies and Procedures Handbook
The 2018-2019 Band Policies and Procedures Handbook was discussed. The Handbook was included in the band form packets. The Handbook contains information about all of the band groups/ensembles in which students may participate, grading policies, a list of private lesson teachers, and forms for applying for a Band Letter, Make Up Practice Time for Absences, Make Up Assignments for Missing a Performance, and Important Band Phone Numbers and Emails. We encourage you to review the Band Camp Dates and Important information to Know about Band Camp. Please add the Band Camp dates to your calendar now. Lastly, There a Code of Conduct Student Contract at the back of the Handbook. Please ask your student to review the Contact carefully and then sign and return the Contract to Mr. Thorpe by April 30th.
Weekly Newsletter, Social Media and New Band Website
Parents can receive information about band news, events, competitions, and fundraisers through a variety of vehicles including a
- Weekly newsletter
- Social media (Facebook – lincolneastband, Instagram – lincoln_east_band, and Twitter @LincolnEastBand)
- Band’s website.
The Boosters are proud to announce that the band has a new website: lincolneastband.org!! Please revise your internet bookmarks/favorites to reflect our new website name (the previous website goband.org has been replaced by the new website). The new website will continue to include news about band events and news, a calendar of events, information about fundraisers and requests for volunteers. We encourage everyone to take a tour of the new website, especially the current information about registering for band located on the homepage. A special thank you to a fellow band parent who created this new website for us!
Signing Up for the Mailing List/Newsletter
All parents, including those of incoming 9th graders, are encouraged to sign up for the weekly newsletter at http://lincolneastband.org/contact-us.
The Band Boosters are currently involved in several fundraisers. These fundraisers are necessary to support the expenses of the band.
- Baker’s Chocolate – Easter is coming. If you are interested in purchasing boxes of Baker’s Chocolate for yourself or loved ones, please contact the Boosters at email@example.com. Boxes are $7.00 each.
- Corky Canvas – Please join us for a night of painting, wine, and fun on Tuesday, March 20th from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Corky Canvas (on Highway 2 in the strip mall by JetSplash). Reservations are $35/per person with a portion of that fee coming back to the band. Correction to previous information: Everyone is welcome to attend (previous information said only those over 16 could attend-this was in error). To register, please go to https://www.corkycanvas.com/event/2162/savethetubas-lincoln-east-band-boosters-fundraiser-open-to-the-public-follow-your-own-arrow Seating is limited so please sign up now!! Please feel free to invite your family, friends, neighbors, etc.
- Flower Power – Spring is coming and it’s time to start thinking about planting flowers! This is an opportunity for you to purchase flowers bulbs for your garden. This fundraiser runs from now through March 31st. Please invite your friends and family to participate through email or social media. For more information and to make purchases: http://www.flowerpowerfundraising.com/i/t/546302/y4oM2l6CCafD.
The 2018-2019 Budget was presented. Total expenses next year are forecasted at $27,117. These expenses include the production costs of the marching band show, travel expenses to band competitions, equipment and uniforms, senior gifts and scholarships, and other operating/administrative expenses. These expenses are supported mostly with contributions from parents (90%) and income from various fundraisers throughout the year.
Last year, 69% of our parents made contributions of $100 or more to the band program. For the 2018-2019 year, we need a 98% participation rate in order to meet our budget. To illustrate how important the parent contribution is, you may be interested to know that:
- 99 families contributing $100 each to meet our band production costs.
- 119 families contributing $100 each to meet our transportation costs.
- 54 families contributing $100 each to meet the remainder of our costs.
If each band family contributed a contribution of $100 or more, we will almost meet our budget for next year, with the remainder of costs covered by fundraisers.
We have an award-winning band program. We don’t want to compromise any of the important aspects of our program, so please make your contribution to the band this year. For those families unable to make their contribution in one payment, please contact the Band Boosters at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a payment plan. The Parent Contribution Form is included in the Band Form packets distributed to students.
VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT
Band Enrollment Forms
This year, we are going old-school and returning to using paper band enrollment forms. In the packets distributed to students, parents will find several forms:
- Band Enrollment Checklist for the 2018-2019 School Year – The checklist lists all of the forms that need to be completed prior to your student’s participation in the band next year.
- Parent and Student Consent Form (pink form) – This form gives consent for your student to participate in activities.
- Emergency Information Form–(salmon form)– This form will give the school information about emergency contacts for your family.
- Lincoln East Band Handbook (see above under Director’s Report). Please sign the Code of Conduct in the back of the Handbook and return it to Mr. Thorpe.
- Contribution, Auto Decal and Directory Order Form (blue form side 1) – This form asks for your parent contribution and gives the Boosters important contact information for your family. Please let us know if you wish to include your information in the Band Directory in the Band Directory section. Parents who contribute at least $125 will receive a free directory. You can also order car decals and band directories on this form. PAYMENTS FOR CONTRIBUTIONS, DECALS and DIRECTORIES ARE TO BE SENT NOW
- Apparel Order Form and Media Authorization (blue form side 2) – To order required band apparel (gloves, shoes, polo shirt, shorts, and t-shirt), please fill out this form. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT FOR CLOTHING AT THIS TIME. You will be billed through LPS/Synergy at a later date. 10th-12th graders: If you do not need to order clothing, please write on the form that you will not be ordering apparel.
- Photo Button Order Form (green form) – If you wish to order a photo button, prints or photo magnets of your student (photos will be taken this fall), please complete this form and return with your payment.
- East Marching Band Performance Schedule (yellow sheet)– Please include these performance dates on your calendar now. Please note: the first home football game is on Friday, August 24 (not the 23rd).
You are welcome to write one check for the contribution, auto decals, directories, and photo buttons.
ALL OF THE FORMS ABOVE ARE DUE TO THE EAST OFFICE OR MR. THORPE BY APRIL 30TH. You can mail these forms using the envelope in which the forms were included to return your forms, or you may give the forms to Mr. Thorpe.
Payments for contributions, car decals, directories and photo products may be sent with your forms. You may write one check for all of these items.
For those families unable to make their contribution in one payment, please contact the Band Boosters at email@example.com to discuss a payment plan.
If you are ordering band clothing, do not send payment at this time. You will be billed for clothing later. For 10-12th graders, if you do not need to order clothing, please write on the form that you will not be ordering apparel.
If you need additional copies of these forms, they can be found on the band’s website, lincolneastband.org or you may e-mail the Band Boosters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Vice President and Secretary board positions will be open next year. We currently have candidates for these positions. If you would also like to be considered for one of these positions, please contact the Band Boosters at email@example.com.. More information will be provided at the April 5th Booster Meeting with voting taking place at our May 3rd Booster meeting.
Next Booster Meeting
The next Booster Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 5th at 7:00 p.m. in the Band Room. All parents, including those of incoming 9th graders, are welcome to attend.
If you have any questions about the forms or the band program, please e-mail the Band Boosters at firstname.lastname@example.org.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest